1. Never use lighted candles near tree or boughs.
2. Keep poisonous plants out of reach of children and pets.
3. Keep trees away from fireplaces and other heat sources.
4. Make sure your tree has a stable platform.
5. Choose an artificial tree that is labeled fire resistant.
6. If using a natural tree, make sure it is well watered.
7. Check holiday lights for fraying, bare spots, gaps in the insulation or excessive kink ingredients in the wire.
8. Turn off all tree lights and decorations when not in use.
9. When putting up decorations, use a step stool or ladder to reach high places.
10. Designate a sober driver. (Or don’t drink at all).
11. When preparing a meal, wash hands, utensils, sink, and anything else that touches raw meat.
12. Reheat leftovers to at least 165 degrees F.
Merry Christmas! Be safe!
Heritage Restoration is an exterior cleaning company that provides pressure washing services to the Jacksonville NC area.