I don’t know about you, but this spring has been so nice, weather wise (pressure washing wise, it has been crazy). We really got an actual spring this year. The last few years it seems like we went straight from Winter to Summer – from one extreme to the other. Not this year, ahhh.
So, my family has been spending more time outside, especially in the evenings. Give some of these things a try and see if it makes your outdoor area more enjoyable/comfortable.
- Screen in the back porch. No bugs! Well, less bugs anyway! It’s easier to relax outside when you don’t have the thought in the back of your mind that a ginormous spider is going to bite you the second you drift off into a after dinner full-belly induced coma.
- Fire Pit in the back yard near your patio is really nice. I am a man. Therefore, I like fires. And hot dogs coincidentally. We have some of those Pie Irons (Amazon.com) and can make tasty desserts or even sandwiches in them. Yum.
- Appealing lights. We made a cool light out of Christmas tree lights and old tobacco sticks.
- Comfy seating. You got to be comfortable, right? We got rocking chairs and dining chairs and added big soft pillows.
- Flooring that your feet will love. We painted our patio floor (after pressure washing it and letting it dry completely). Now it is so much easier to keep clean. And clean floors feel better under your feet. An outdoor rug isn’t a bad idea either.
- If I had to give a #6, I’d say add some plants, because they soften hard boxy areas and provide shade. But I kill plants like the Terminator so I’m not going to say that.
There’s still a little spring time left, so what’s stopping you from getting started?
Heritage Restoration is an exterior cleaning company that provides pressure washing services to the Jacksonville NC area.